Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Arrival in Rome

The first day of our trip was spent entirely on air travel to Rome. We got on a plane in Austin at around nine o'clock and took a series of flights that got us to Rome early the next morning. Because of the lack of sleep we all spent the rest of the day walking around Rome in a dazed slumbering state. In fact at some point while we were in the convent that we would be staying in I somehow managed to put on a pair of pants over the shorts I was wearing and I did not even notice until I went to bed that night. during the day we visited three churches, two of which turned out to be closed, bought our meals and gelato from stores that we happened to pass by, and we also happened to walk by the Colosseum and the ruins that used to be the school for gladiators.



The gelato here is amazing. Gelato is ice cream basically except that it is made without cream and with little bits of whatever the flavor is. Except hopefully for the Viagra flavor.

At one point we walked by a movie set. there were lots of actors dressed in old fashioned clothing, a horse drawn carriage, and a guy sitting on a giant camera rig thing. they were filming a scene where one of the actors was carried away in a carriage. everyone cracked up on the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment